The advent of the internet has brought about an eCommerce revolution. From making travel bookings to choosing the right candidate for the presidency, people go online for a wide variety of tasks. ECommerce integrations are a method to streamline the online purchase process.
As a business in the digital world, you cannot ignore the eCommerce platform. According to a report by eMarketer, eCommerce sales will pass the $4 trillion mark by 2020.
When operating online, there are quite a few things you need to keep in mind. From handling peak traffics to managing multiple sales channels, you need to be on your toes if you are to thrive in the online world.
Employing multiple systems, you will need to ensure that they are effectively integrated. Let’s learn more about it:
What Are eCommerce Integrations?
ECommerce integration is when an online seller wants to connect different channels, including sales and backend systems like ERP.
Integrating all these systems ensures a seamless flow of information. For instance, you might want to adjust your inventory when a particular product is being sold, an integrated eCommerce system will minimize mistakes and ensure that everybody is on the same page.
Signs That You Need eCommerce Integrations
Here are signs indicating you need eCommerce integration:
- You are experiencing increased sales but are having difficulty managing them. Your team is overwhelmed and is putting in extra hours.
- Your team is spending an increasing amount of time moving data from one system to another system.
- When manually handling data, there will be quite a few mistakes and errors. These might include wrong inventory count and misspelled addresses.
Benefits of eCommerce Integrations
This is where eCommerce integration comes in. Here are some of its benefits:
- It can eliminate manual entry of data including customer information and shipping data. This can save you time.
- It synchronizes your inventory. This ensures that you are selling according to your inventory.
- It can notify customers about the status of their orders. They can also track the delivery. This makes processes transparent.
- It can help you update data instantly. From price fluctuations to production information, your data always stays accurate.
- It allows for smooth additions of sales channels. What’s more, it ensures that there are no efficiency losses whatsoever.
- It can help you handle returns with a minimum of hassles.
- It allows you to handle increased sales without needing to add extra resources.
Shipfusion sets your business on autopilot and combines flexible, reliable fulfillment with powerful, real-time technology. Shipfusion has multiple fulfillment centers across the US and Canada– making it easy to manage your eCommerce business. For more information on how to set your business on autopilot, contact one of our fulfillment specialists today.